Friday, April 13, 2007

Frugality is the Mother of Virtue?

Engraved in the façade of a building I see on my commute is the above statement. It struck me as an interesting saying to be on a bank building, but then I got to thinking about it and that’s a pretty sad little motto.

If virtue and purity come from money then why are the rich in the trashy headlines the most? Someone’s in rehab, someone’s caught drunk driving, so on and so forth. The very fact that the rich (in some cases) are not virtuous is how the papers make their money. SO how can we rephrase this statement?

COMPASSION is the mother of virtue
TRUTH is the mother of virtue
KINDNESS, SELF CONTROLL, insert any fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22) and virtue, joy, grace, and righteousness result.

May you be rich in truth, hope, and make the source known, Jesus Christ!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

I saw this too; I didn't know it said Frugality. I always saw it and thought the "u" was a "v" lol. I had to google it because I misread it. And yes, it's a sad motto above the bank.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home