Sunday, April 08, 2007

Chubby Cheeks

I think I have my mouth full!!!

If I told you how much is going on, and how much has been lopped on my plate in the last month, I don’t think you would believe it.

Church Stuff, Work Stuff, Family Stuff, Friend Stuff, Writing Stuff….whatever happened to the simple life?

In the past, when I bite off more than I can chew, I proceed to get rid of stuff left and right. Yes I know that is not a good pairing of illustrations, but that how it used to be. I would have rather hidden in the shadows than take hold of the leadership opportunities set before me.

So why the change now? Well part of it is my husband is a service driven man of God, and I his other half get sucked in. For better or worse, better most times. J And I’m starting to think God is cultivating a heart of leadership and service for me too. He’s trying to get rid of the laziness and often time selfishness that I cling to.

But it’s not easy. Actually it is VERY tiring! But in God’s own grace He is helping me see part of the process, and take comfort in the plan he has for me.

WOW! I don’t think I’ve ever set my heart in this fashion. I am encouraged and a little weary of what’s ahead. If you find your walk with Christ in a place you feel overwhelmed. Search the heart of Christ in your decisions, and let his power guide you.

Blessings

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home