Tuesday, February 20, 2007

TURNING PLASTIC

There is a rising trend; I’m sure you’ve all heard about it, of people, including teens signing up for plastic surgery. This shocks me, especially after watching some of those plastic surgery TV shows. But after the shock I am saddened almost heart broken by people who think they need to shove themselves into a mold.

Now I’m not saying I have the best body image or self esteem for that matter, but I am happy with WHO I am. Of course I want my abs tighter, and my hips slimmer, but that’s because I need to get off my lazy butt and work out.

What bothers me the most about this is the lies these people believe. They think that one quick fix with change everything? If they get this fix then everything in their life will fall into place. True plastic surgery has it’s place, but I think the industry seems to feed to the addiction to be perfect with superstar looks.

But if we were all supposed to look like Brad Pitt and Angelina Joli then where would be the fun in that? Where would be the personality that surrounds us in our variety? I encourage you to take the time to walk through an art museum and look at all the men and women portrayed in the art work. It is amazing to look at some of the most famous works of art and see that the men and women in them are not perfect, and even some artists chose to add what would typically be an unwanted feature in order to reveal even more beauty in the subject of their masterpieces.
The phrase beauty is only skin deep is one that I don’t like much at all. True beauty comes from the soul, not your boob size, or waist measurement, but in your actions and in your heart. That is true beauty, and plastic surgery can’t help there.

We are all made with a plan, purpose, and by the loving hands of God. I wouldn’t change anything about my body because this is who God made. And it has been through the aches, pains, and medical conditions God gave me that have brought me closer to him. I love my imperfections cause they make me human and they strengthen my soul.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Many years ago, I attended a class teaching you to look your best with what you had. I remember the standing ovation as the instructor began the class by throwing Barbie across the room. Her point? None of us look like and anatonimcally impossible woman, so learn to dress and enjoy what God's given you.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

AMEN SISTA :)

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home