Wednesday, January 31, 2007

In the Headlines vol.3

I guess this is my own personal headline: I was part of my company’s massive liquidation on Monday.

So I am jobless, and currently applying for any job I could qualify for. It’s funny though cause I’ve not enjoyed my job over the last six months or so, and in part it is a relief that I don’t have go and deal with all the drama.

Financially I may not be able to stay at home very long, but I plan on making most of that time in my preparations for a writer’s conference in California. There are two stories I would like to hammer out so that they will be at their best when the land in the hands of agents and publishers.

This job loss might be God preparing the way for my writing, or that’s what I’m telling myself for now.

I wish you all blessings and encouragement wherever you are in life.

“Trust in the Lord, with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. But in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.” –Prov 3:5-6

Jan. 29, 2007, 11:42PM
Lexicon will focus on drugs
By ANASTASIA USTINOVACopyright 2007 Houston Chronicle
www.chron.com

Lexicon Genetics said Monday it is scaling down its genetic research and will eliminate 18 percent of its staff as it focuses on drug discovery and development.

The Woodlands-based company, which develops genetically engineered mice to help in human drug development, said the cuts will affect 133 of 592 employees in its headquarters.
"We believe we can grow into a next-generation pharmaceutical company," said Arthur Sands, Lexicon's president and CEO. "That growth will be in the areas of pharmaceutical development, marketing and commercialization."

Sands said in the coming years the company plans to begin human trials with 10 drug candidates it has developed, including drugs to treat Alzheimer's, irritable bowel syndrome and rheumatoid arthritis.

To reflect the strategy, the company said it will change its name to Lexicon Pharmaceuticals.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home