Saturday, January 27, 2007

RandoM-E vol.2

COUNT DOWN TO CALIFORNIA!
60 DAYS

It is an odd and amazing thing for God to reveal to you a calling. What’s even more awkward is when you and God get your wires crossed.

Growing up I loved animals, and on my block I was the go to girl for strays and puppies. So in my ‘intelligence’ I decided I would grow up to be a Veterinarian. Taking care of animals must be my purpose, and God’s calling for my life.

It is amazing to look back and see God’s more subtle hints toward my real passion, writing. I was constantly coming up with on going stories for my toys to play out. In third grade, me and my friends would go out to the playground at recess and act out the stories that I wrote in class. I was always writing poetry, and entering contests and things for my school literary magazine. Then at sixteen, a story came to me in a dream, and it was so real and so moving for me that I had to write it down. So at sixteen I started writing officially, but I was still stuck on my Veterinarian kick, even with all these hints. Did I mention that I’m stubborn sometimes too?

But God has his reasons for putting Vet School on my radar, because that’s how I met my husband, and I wouldn’t trade in the set backs if that meant loosing him.

So now with sixty days left I am preparing for a Writer’s Conference in Mt. Hermon, California. In sixty days I will have the opportunity to break out, and get my manuscripts on the desks of agents and publishers.

All through my preparation I have seen God move through the words I put on the page, and I want nothing more than for him to be glorified by the stories in my head.

Keep your eyes out, one day you will find a book on the shelf by Valerie Fentress.

God Bless!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mdb said...

Buen sitio, saludos desde Argentina.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home